This page is aimed at providing a directory of tech-related user groups in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. If you don’t know where Hampton Roads is, you are officially part of the vast majority of Earth that doesn’t give a crap about a region of “seven cities” that doesn’t give a crap about addressing that oversight. Anyhow, I digress.
(psst: Hampton Roads is also called “Tidewater”, or southeastern Virginia. It includes Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Newport News, Suffolk, and Chesapeake. However, the “metro region” has bloated out to absorb and annihilate adjacent cities/towns like Yorktown, Williamsburg, and Smithfield. That’s right: Smithfield. Where that pork/ham/bacon thing you’re eating right now very likely came from. And Williamsburg, which still has colonial people wobbling around in fake wigs, saying things like “ye old” and making wooden teeth.
Also, the local area code is 757, which gets used along with “HR” for a lot of group names.
Local Tech User Groups
- 757 Color-Coded Meet-up
- 757 Developers
- 757 iOS
- 757 Python Users Group
- Code for Hampton Roads
- Docker Hampton Roads
- Google Developers Group (GDG) of Hampton Roads
- Hampton Roads .NET Users Group
- Hampton Roads Augmented Reality Users
- Hampton Roads Cloud Users
- Hampton Roads DevOps, Cloud and Automation
- Hampton Roads SQL Server Users Group
- ISSA of Hampton Roads
- Norfolk Data Science
- Norfolk Drone Building Meet-up
- Operation Code: Hampton Roads
- OWASP Hampton Roads Chapter
- WordPress Hampton Roads