1. Locate cmtrace.exe (or another suitable “active” log viewer)
2. Open cmtrace.exe and click “yes” to register it as default log viewer
3. Consume precisely 5 quarts of a strong, caffeinated liquid substance
4. Browse to location (folder) with log files and double-click desired log file
5. Rub eyelids approximately 12 times, make sure to yawn fully and loud
6. Stare at log details and look for any lines colored in red.
7. Ignore red lines which do not actually display an error, but are instead mentioning that they’re looking for an error
8. Ignore yellow lines which do not actually display a warning, but instead show mention of looking for warnings
9. Rub eyelids 12 more times.
10. Announce to whomever interrupts that you’re busy reviewing log files (the louder the better)
11. Open another log file (selected at random)
12. Stare intently at one line, without scrolling
13. Rub chin, squint, and nod slightly. You may also say “hmmmm”
14. Scroll and repeat step 12
15. Repeat steps 10 through 13, approximately 5 more times.
16. Open browser and begin searching for fragments of error messages along with “sccm error log…”
17. Inhale deeply, exhale loudly.
18. Consume more caffeinated liquids
19. Rub eyes some more
20. Lunch break.