I know there’s a lot of “good” in each build with respect to its predecessor. And I do appreciate those things. Such as the changes to the Start Menu panel, and the new clock/calendar widget, but the frustration I tried to map into the infographic above is based on the system hangs, lock-ups, etc. which seem to have increased since 10041. 9926 was semi-flaky, but 10049 was much worse, even in my VM’s on other hosts. 10061 has helped with some processes hanging, but I’m still hoping for a fresh newer build soon to address that.
What I like about Windows 10 (so far)
- The new Start Menu
- The new Command console features
- The Task Bar notification area
- The new Task View feature
- The changes in WMI classes
Not So Much
- The insistent leaning on OneDrive when saving documents from Office
- The shotgun blast tree panel in Explorer
- The icon theme is ugly as a dead cat in a woodchipper (okay, the square Recycle Bin isn’t too bad)
- Missing right-click features on OneDrive folder objects (like Google Drive offers)
- The “This PC” properties panel still doesn’t show the Model name.
- Unfinished migration from Control Panel to Settings