Skip to content
What I Learned This Weekend
- XML encoding really matters when it comes to UTF-8 versus ISO 8859-1. Particularly when using it to transport data from WMI into SQL.
- Nobody gives much of a crap about XML encoding.
- Cats can walk around for hours without realizing they have a huge turd attached to the fur on their hind parts.
- Spiders still like biting me even in cold weather.
- 15 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 hours freezes a small pond surface to around 1 inch thickness.
- Some cats enjoy watching fish swimming around under a frozen pond.
- Wi-Fi Calling support is very nice to have, especially inside of shopping centers, Home Depot and Lowes stores.
- Cats don’t always land on their feet.
- Watching a cop dig two knuckles deep into their nose while waiting for a slow traffic light can be mildly entertaining.
- Smart gloves are fantastic in the cold when you need to make a phone call.