- Shoot the MS Access Developer. Use a silencer if possible and always remember to cover the floor with 3 mil plastic and wear surgical gloves. Cleanliness is everything.
- Create a new Database on the desired SQL Server host. If necessary, use chloroform and a cotton washcloth and tell the DBA you’re a census taker. Whatever it takes to get access (pardon the pun).
- Right-click on the new Database and select Tasks / Import Data. Take a deep breath and pretend you’re James Earl Jones and doing your best diabolical bad-guy laugh.
- Select the appropriate database Data Source type (e.g. “Microsoft Access (Microsoft Access Database Engine)”).
- Select the MDB or ACCDB file, provide user and password (if required), walk through the bouncing form prompts and finish.
- Delete the Access database or throw darts at it.
- Carefully move the unconscious DBA to a different location before they wake up.