Before you knee-jerk yourself into the murky world of opinionville, you should always ask yourself the following questions. And even if you still feel compelled to base your opinion a certain way and share it with others, try to at least temper the level of enthusiasm using this guideline.
1. In the grand scheme of existence and life, does this reaction I’m going to have really matter?
2. Is it really about something that I myself am directly involved with?
3. Is the reacton I’m about to have associated with something I have any real and provable chance of influencing?
4. If I opted out of the debate and remain quiet or uninvolved, will it directly cause things to get worse?
5. Are there any free doughnuts involved?